- A ludography of games that showcase branching narrative or decision-making systems
- Psychological texts on cognitive psychology, judgment, and decision-making
- Books on game design, narrative in games, and interactive narrative in general
- Recent articles garnered from respected sources (IE: Gamasutra) concerning topics of choice in games and interactive narrative
The sources I've gathered thus far are as follows below. I'm hoping that with a few suggestions from my classmates I can broaden it out a bit more as the texts I've selected seem to have a very narrow focus.
- Fullerton, Tracy. Game Design Workshop: A Playcentric Approach to Creating Innovative Games. Burlington, MA: Elsevier, 2008
- Sheldon, Lee. Character Development and Storytelling for Games.
Boston, MA: Thomson Course Technology PTR, 2004
- Murray, Janet. Hamlet on the Holodeck: The Future of Narrative in Cyberspace.
New York, NY: Free Press, 1997
- Bateman, Chris, Ernest Adam, Richard Boon, et al. Game Writing: Narrative Skills for Videogames. Boston, MA: Charles River Media, 2007
- Medlin, Douglas, Brian Ross, and Arthur Markman. Cognitive Psychology
Danver, MA: John Wiley & Sons, 2005
- Plous, Scott. The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making.
N.p: Mcgraw Hill, 1993
- March, James. A Primer on Decision Making: How Decisions Happen.
New York, NY: Free Press, 1994
- Bossche, Andrew V. "Gamasutra - News - Analysis: Out Of My Hands - Player Decisions In Bioshock 2." Gamasutra - The Art & Business of Making Games. 29 June 2010. Web. 07 July 2010.
- Bossche, Andrew V. "Gamasutra - News - Analysis: What We Get Out of Choice in Video Game Design." Gamasutra - The Art & Business of Making Games. 8 Apr. 2010. Web. 06 July 2010.
- Remo, Chris. "Gamasutra - Features - The Story Thing: BioWare's David Gaider Speaks." Gamasutra - The Art & Business of Making Games. 8 June 2009. Web. 06 July 2010.
- Zoss, J. M. "Gamasutra - Features - Ethics 101: Designing Morality in Games." Gamasutra - The Art & Business of Making Games. 26 May 2010. Web. 07 July 2010.
- Alpha Protocol, Des. Chris Parker and Chris Avellone. Dev. Obsidian Entertainment
- Facade, Des. Michael Mateas and Andrew Stern, Dev. Procedural Arts
- Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer, Des. David Cage. Dev. Quantic Dream
Sony Computer Entertainment, 2010
- inFamous, Dir. Nate Fox. Dev. Sucker Punch Productions
Sony Computer Entertainment, 2009
- Deus Ex, Dev. Ion Storm
Eidos Interactive, 2000
- Baldur's Gate, Dir. Ray Muzyka, Des. James Ohlen, Dev. Bioware
Black Isle Studios, 1998
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dir. Steven Gilmour and Casey Hudson, Dev. Bioware
- Mass Effect, Dir. Casey Hudson, Dev. Bioware
Microsoft Game Studios, 2007
- Mass Effect 2, Dir. Casey Hudson, Dev. Bioware
Electronic Arts, 2010
- Dragon Age: Origins, Dev. Bioware Edmonton
Electronic Arts, 2009
- Fallout 3, Des. Emil Pagliarulo, Dev. Bethesda Game Studios
Bethesda Softworks, 2008
- Black & White, Des. Peter Molyneux, Dev. Lionhead Studios
Electronic Arts, 2001
- Black & White 2, Des. Peter Molyneux, Dev. Lionhead Studios
Electronic Arts, 2005
- Iji, Dev. Daniel Remar
- Shadow the Hedgehog, Dir. Takashi Iizuka, Dev. Sega Studio USA